Terms & Conditions
The renter agrees to treat the bicycle or other equipment with reasonable care including:
1. Always locking the bicycle securely (eg. Bike stand, pole or tree) if leaving unattended
2. Storing accessories securely when not in use.
3. Riding on road or cycle trails only. No off-road cycling or mountain bike trails.
4. If adjusting any mechanical parts of the bicycle, to let Ali's Cycle DeVine know by SMS, email, or in person on returning the bicycle.
LIABILITY & SAFETY: You ride at your own risk.
1. Ali's Cycle DeVine will not be held liable for any injury, damage or loss you incur while riding one of our bicycles.
2. You agree to comply with the Road Code and in particular to always wear your helmet and use bike lights when riding in the dark.
3. You agree to ride with care and to make alternative arrangements for any member of the group who is too intoxicated to safely ride our bicycles.
TERMS OF HIRE
1. Returns: The renter agrees to return the bike to Ali's Cycle DeVine at the time and date indicated on the contract. A late return may be charged at the rate of a new hire.
2. Lost Items: We reserve the right to charge the replacement value of any item that is not returned or goes missing.
3. Damaged Items: For long term hires on our 1 week or more deals, we reserve the right to charge for damages at our discretion, up to replacement value. For daily hires, we cover the full cost of any damages.
4. Bond: For long term hires and e-bikes, we also require a bond payment which will be returned at the completion of the hire, less any payment for lost or damaged items.
CANCELLATIONS & REFUND OF DEPOSITS
1. Cancellations/Partial Cancellations:
For pre-paid bookings, an 80% refund will be given for any cancellation up to 7 days prior to date of ride, less any reasonable administration fee. Alternatively, bookings may be transferred to another date within 12 months, subject to availability. Cancellations 48 hours or less before your ride will NOT receive a refund.
2. Refund of deposits:
Deposits are refundable on cancellation up to 7 days prior to ride date, less any reasonable administration fee.
3. Cancellations due to COVID19:
In the event that the hire is not able to be completed due to COVID19, the booking may be transferred to an alternative date, subject to availability. Otherwise, our normal cancellation policy applies.
4. Cancellations due to weather:
If the weather does not look enticing for a bike ride, please call us first to confirm the forecast. The weather can vary greatly between Hastings & Napier. However, if you still wish to cancel within 24 hours of booking date due to windy/wet conditions, there are two options: (a) We can organise the next available day to book you in for a bike ride, subject to availability or, (b) Issue you with a gift voucher to the value of the booking that you made, usable within 12 months.
ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE: If required, a callout fee may apply.
1. Roadside assistance is not guaranteed as part of the hire price, however you may call us, or alternatively you can call Hastings Taxis on 06 878 5055 if you need a callout or transfer for passengers and bikes at your expense.
2. You are welcome to borrow a bicycle pump and puncture repair kit at no extra charge.